Monday, September 1, 2008

Aloha!

Aloha! I'm checking in from the Big Island of Hawaii. I am just getting ready to head back out to the coastal plains of Kalapana, where rivers of lava pour into the ocean. This is where I spent my first moments with John Patterson. This is where our connection began, on a dark morning accented by rivers of lava coming down the pali. A Bathy testing ground if I have ever seen one. And it was, and it was good. Very good...


I live in various extreme locations. All of my gear has to be tough. It has to be the very best. No compromise. My trusty Benthic seems to fit right into this mode. When I am not venturing upon the hot lava, (or the Volcano Golf Course), I am likely skiing deep powder around my Wasatch Mountain cabins in Utah, or sailing into remote fjords near my Homer, Alaska home-base. All of these zones demand quality gear. 


I have never been much of a watch-wearer until I strapped on the hearty Benthic. I have actually prided myself in not needing to know what time it is for the past 30 years, except for when I am dealing with airports or dawn photo shoots. But my Benthic just has a certain feeling to it... kind of like holding a precision Nikon lens. I find myself wearing my watch when I don't need to know the time. Need I say more? That's almost scary...


You can see some of what I am up to on volcanoman.com and volcanoman.ifp3.com.


Be well!


Brad

No comments: